Back To Contest Page
HRTV.COM “Horse Tales: Meet the Horses of the 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championship “ (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
SPONSOR DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING AS TO ALL ASPECTS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.
1. SPONSOR: HRTV, LLC (“Sponsor” or “HRTV”)
2. PRIZE SUPPLIER: HRTV
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and to win a prize, entrants (“Entrants”) must be, at the time of entry: (i) a natural person who is legally a resident of, and living in, one of the 50 States of the United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) where the Sweepstakes is lawfully offered; (ii) at least eighteen (18) years of age or older (and not a minor in his or her state of residence); and (iii) must not be an employee or director, or IRS dependent, immediate family member or individual residing in the same household of, an employee or director, of Sponsor or any of its partners, parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, trustees, franchisees, licensees, advertising, promotion and public relations agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors, representatives and agencies. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, “immediate family members” are defined as mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother, sister, children and grandchildren.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible Entrants must enter via either the write-in or online methods described in this Section. On twelve days between October 3, 2012 and October 31, 2012 HRTV will air on HRTV and post a different video on the Horse Tales contest page at www.hrtv.com (“Video”), for a total of twelve (12) Videos. Each Video will be an educational feature on one of the fifteen (15) divisions of the 2012 Breeders’ Cup World Championships. During the Entry Period (as defined in Section 5), either: (i) visit www.hrtv.com, click on the (contest title) banner, enter all of the required information including an email address, the answer to the question posed for the related Video (“Video Question”) and a favorite HRTV.com program, follow all instructions and submit your entry by clicking on the appropriate button; or (ii) mail your entry with the information described above and also including your first and last name, address (including city, state and zip code), date of birth, email address and telephone number to Horse Tales, HRTV c/o Santa Anita Park, 285 West Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91007.
Limit one entry per person per Video Question posed. Multiple entries submitted by a single person for the same Video Question are void. Multiple entries from the same email address for the same Video Question are void. In the event of a dispute, all e-mail entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the e-mail account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an e-mail account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such e-mail account by the internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with such e-mail account. It is Entrant’s sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing at the address set forth above if the Entrant changes his/her e-mail address.
5. ENTRY PERIOD: The Entry Period will begin at 12:01 A.M. EST on October 3, 2012 and will end at 11:59 P.M. EST on November 15, 2012. All internet entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. EST on November 15, 2012 and all write-in entries must be received by HRTV by November 15, 2012.
6. WINNER SELECTION: One (1) grand prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected from all of the eligible entries received in a random drawing to be held on or about November 22, 2012. Twelve (12) video question winners (“Video Question Winners”) will be selected from all of the eligible entries received for each of the twelve (12) Video Questions posed in separate random drawings to be held on or about November 22, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Odds of winning do not depend on whether an entrant correctly answers the Video Questions. Based on the number of eligible entries expected to be received, it is estimated that the odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 30,000 and the odds of winning a Video Question Prize are 1 in 300,000 .
7. GRAND PRIZE: TheGrand Prize Winner will receive the following:an Apple iPad(“Grand Prize”). The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $600.
The Grand Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item. In its sole discretion however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a prize of at least equal value.
State and federal income taxes may apply to the Grand Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included in the Grand Prize and are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner shall also be responsible for any legal disclosures associated with the Grand Prize. Sponsor is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to change these terms without prior notice to the extent permitted by law.
8. VIDEO QUESTION PRIZE: Each Video Question Winner will be awarded a Breeders’ Cup engraved crystal bowl (“Video Question Prize”). The approximate retail value of each Video Question Prize is $60.
A Video Question Prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable for cash or any other item. In its sole discretion however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Video Question Prize with a prize of at least equal value.
State and federal income taxes may apply to the Video Question Prize and are the sole responsibility of the Video Question Winner.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included in the Video Question Prize and are solely the responsibility of the Video Question Winner. A Video Question Winner shall also be responsible for any legal disclosures associated with the Video Question Prize. Sponsor is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to change these terms without prior notice to the extent permitted by law.
8. WINNER NOTIFICATION, ACCEPTANCE AND RELEASES: The Grand Prize Winner and the Video Question Winners will be announced online at HRTV.com on or about November 22, 2012. The Grand Prize Winner will be announced on-air on HRTV on or about November 22, 2012. The Grand Prize Winner and Video Question Winners will be notified by e-mail, phone or both at the discretion of the Sponsor on or about December 1, 2012 and the Grand Prize and Video Question Prizes will be awarded on or about December 15, 2012. The return of a prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. The Grand Prize Winner or Video Question Winners may waive their right to receive a prize. The Grand Prize Winner and Video Question Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of all federal, state and local taxes on prizes. The Grand Prize Winner and Video Question Winners will be required to execute and return within four (4) days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, except where prohibited by law. Failure to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Publicity Release within four (4) days, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules or the prize notification letter, may, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the applicable prize, and the award of the applicable prize to an alternate winner.
The Grand Prize Winner and Video Question Winners, by participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of the applicable prize, agree to release HRTV and each of its parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers and advertising, promotional or judging agencies, and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and legal advisors from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or the Entrant’s acceptance, receipt, ownership or use/misuse of the Grand Prize or Video Question Prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death and property damage and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, performance or safety of any prize awarded. Each Entrant agrees that Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible for any printing, or typographical, or other in advertent errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes and these Official Rules. The Grand Prize Winner and Video Question Winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the applicable prize after the prizes have been delivered. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s consent to the publication of his or her name and image in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation.
9. GENERAL TERMS: Incomplete entries are void. By entering, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. HRTV will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with the sender or the Sponsor, or for any lost or delayed data transmission. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. Entrant agrees not to upload, post or transmit materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the contest website or is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. The Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes if it is not capable of completion as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an e-mail account shall be determined by HRTV in its sole, reasonable discretion, and HRTV reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
11. CHOICE OF LAW: These Official Rules and any dispute arising hereunder or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of New York, with venue in New York County in the State of New York.
12. THE SPONSOR: "Horse Tales” is sponsored by HRTV and the decisions of HRTV regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Questions regarding this Sweepstakes or requests for written copies of Official Rules may be directed to: “Horse Tales", HRTV c/o Santa Anita Park, 285 West Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91007.
13. WINNER LIST: For the names of the winners, available after December 15, 2012, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Horse Tales", HRTV c/o Santa Anita Park, 285 West Huntington Drive, Arcadia, CA 91007
14. OFFICIAL RULES: This Sweepstakes is being run in accordance with these Official Rules, subject to amendment by Sponsor as permitted by law. Entrants must comply with these Official Rules and will be deemed to have received and understood these rules if they participate in this Sweepstakes.